WANTED Part-time Residentsí Association secretary
Due to the retirement of our long serving secretary we are looking for a part-time secretary to support the Malden and Coombe Residents Association (MCRA). We are a friendly, motivated group of directors who need help to both maintain and improve the beautiful area in which we live.
The Coombe Estate is situated on Kingston Hill and comprises some 290 residential dwellings, 2 golf courses, 3 schools and 2 other institutions, namely Warren House and Four Acres (owned by Unilever)
Part of the estate is designated a conservation area and, in addition, there are various items of archeological interest around.
It is unique in being covered by an Act of Parliament from 1933 which determines much of the running and maintenance of the estate, but which necessitates liaison with Kingston council. It allows us to limit the access of vehicles on to the estate: residents have windscreen permits to identify them and we employ gatekeepers to operate a barrier to allow us and legitimate visitors on to the estate.
We are also in close touch with our local councillors on a variety of issues.
- maintaining the database of residents and updating addresses, emails and annual contributions received. General correspondence with residents when needed.
- preparing agendas and taking minutes at committee meetings (around 4 pa)
- correspondence and liaising with Kingston Council. Attendance at annual meeting between MCRA and Kingston Council
- organisation, preparation of material and minute taking for AGM
- updating website () and domain registration
- liaising with the gatemen ..interviewing, dealing with issues, including those raised by residents or members of the public, ordering equipment, monthly time sheets, preparation of salaries, gatemen meetings
- ordering and issuing annual windscreen permits for residents and institutions
- Good administrative skills and ability to work with people
- Sound IT experience including good working knowledge of secretarial software (e.g Word, Excel, Relational database}
- Website experience and maintenance would be an advantage
Hourly paid for hours worked; non-pensionable
If you are interested in applying for this post please write to our Co-Chair Dr Judy Kane at email@example.com